Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer



Here is another card I did for the Dreamweaver Design Team. It is very simple, yet presented a few challenges. The background patterened paper was wrapped around my stencils when I received them from Lynell. It was so much fun that I couldn't throw it away! Of course, I rarely throw anything to do with paper away. I used the Summer stencil (LM294) and Yellow Matte Embossing Paste. My challenge was the low tack tape stuck to the edges of the paper (it's almost like a mulberry paper), so I just tore the edges, which I really liked. I used my Nestabilities to cut a mat for that layer, then popped them up on a yellow card with another layer of the background paper. Add a ribbon and you have a bright, fun summertime card. I don't like white edges showing on paper so I used a coordinating ink around the edges. The combination of the glowing yellow and cool colors of the paper reminded me of being at the shore in the summer, you're burning up from the sun one minute, but take a quick dip in the ocean and you're cool, cool, cool.
Happy creating,
Louise

2 comments:

Marijane said...

What a beautiful "Summer" surprise that card turned out to be! I love the background paper.

Laura Drahozal said...

HaHaHaHa--I almost did something with the paper that I got mine wrapped in, too! The colors just didn't go with what I had. (Mine was wrapped in the same paper, but with yellow and pink swirls.) I am so glad to see that I am not the only one. You did a good job with it!