Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Dream Scheme

It's time for another Dreamweaver Stencils Thursday Dream Scheme challenge! This week we were given a great sketch challenge from fellow Dream Team member Terrece. Sketch challenges are always fun and you'll be able to see lots of creative interpretations of this sketch on all the other team members blogs too. The DREAM it UP! blog will have another great version of this as well.


This is the sketch we were given:

and here is what I created.


This is the Grape Cluster stencil (LL568) from Dreamweaver Stencils. It works great for many techniques, but today I kept it simple. Tape the stencil to green cardstock and apply the Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP). Remove and clean your stencil. Allow the paste to dry for about 10 or 15 minutes, then use a small soft brush to gently apply Metallic F/X powders to the grapes and leaves. Let the paste dry completely. Use a black Micron pen to add some fine lines to the leaves for that finishing touch. They are hard to see in the picture, but those veins really give the leaves dimension. I mounted the green square on a small black mat, then on a larger purple mat. The background paper looks like crumpled paper and had veins of purple running through it so I just add some Distress Dusty Concord around the edges to tie it all together. The four strips are from the same purple paper that I used for the mat, they are 1/4" wide. The finished card is 5" x 7" (A7) because by the time you layer up the grapes it gets a little large for an A2 size card. I used a black COPIC marker on the edges of all the purple paper and around the outside edge of the card. I have found that this really helps each layer to stand out more and gives the edge of the card a more finished look.

Hope you try to create something from this challenge, it's a great layout for lots of different images.
Happy Creating,
Louise

8 comments:

Marijane said...

That's a great sketch and I love your interpretation! I'm anxious to see what the other team members do with it. (Now I'm hungry for a fat bunch of grapes... or a glass of wine! Naaaw, it's too early for that.)

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh, your grapes are FABULOUS!!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Lovely card and as per usual we did the same orientation for this sketch...must be kindred spirits. LOL!

sommrstamping said...

Oh this card makes me want to go wine tasting in the Sonoma Valley.
This card is really fabulous.

Wendy said...

This is super pretty Louise!! I hope you have a good day!!

Pam Hornschu said...

Those grapes look yummy. Great paper for the background...has that old Tuscan feel.

Terrece said...

Great interpretation. I didn't think to do the four strips of paper. Fantastic. I am getting REALLY inspired. Thank you!

Laura Drahozal said...

Very nice. I love the color combination--it works so well with the subject matter!