When I hear "fresh start" it reminds me of that old saying "fresh as a daisy", so this week I have used two of Dreamweaver's beautiful daisy stencils, LL548 - Daisies, and LL549 - Tall daisies to create my card. Winter has definitely made an appearance this week, so this card offers the promise of Spring right around the corner!
Here are the easy steps:
- Tape both stencils to pieces of Authentique "Gifted" paper (PUN006) with removable tape
- Use a palette knife and paste spreader (LM2010) to apply Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste over each stencil (this is a matte finish white paste)
- Remove and clean the stencils
- Let the paste dry completely (about 20 minutes should be fine)
- Place the clean dry stencil back over the dry paste and use small stencil brushes to apply ink to the centers of the daisies and leaves
- Use a 3/4" stencil brush to rouge a little pink ink around the edges of the paper
- Layer each of the daisy images onto a piece of pink Bazzill cardstock
- Tie a small white ribbon around the smaller daisies and tie a bow
- Make a 5" x 7" card and attach a piece of the pink Bazzill paper to the front
- Rouge some pink ink around a piece of coordinating decorative cardstock (I used an older collection from American Crafts called I Do - Amaryllis, but any pretty paper will do!)
- Adhere the decorative paper, then add the Tall Daisies near the left side of the card front
- Use foam tape to attach the smaller Daisies image
The rest of team has some more "fresh" ideas for you, so check out their blogs too.