Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summertime, Sparklers, and S'More!

Happy 4th of July! Welcome to the new Dreamweaver Stencils challenge for July. Our new theme for this month is Summertime, Sparklers, and S'More! Sounds like a lot of fun and sparkle to me! We are also welcoming a guest designer for July, Wendy Price, and can hardly wait to see what she created this week!
Thank you for all your wonderful comments from last week's Dreamweaver and Ranger hop, it's always so inspiring to read them. You'll want to check out the DREAM it UP! blog to see if you were the winner of one of those great prizes!
I have spent the last week in Cincinnati visiting my beautiful little granddaughter. She keeps me hopping, so I don't have a lot of time for other things while I'm here, but I wanted to share a fun, summertime card that I recently posted on my Pinterest board. It fits our summer theme perfectly.
Faux Tile - LG609 and LM163

This was done in the Faux Tile technique. If you've never done this, be sure to give it a try, it's easy!

  • Dry emboss the Tiles stencil (LG609) with a light box and stylus, or through a die cut machine
  • Leave the tile stencil in place and put the Lighthouse over the tile stencil and tape in place with removable tape
  • Use small stencil brushes to add color
  • Remove the stencils, wipe off the tile stencil with a soft rag and re-position it over the image
  • Use a finger dabber to dab VersaMark (clear embossing ink) over the whole image
  • Remove the stencil and sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder, tap off extra
  • Heat set the embossing powder and cool
  • Return the tile stencil over the image and apply another coat of VersaMark and powder
  • Heat again to create a smoother finish to your tiles
  • Mount on summer paper and embellish as desired!
Here are some more wonderful designers bringing you great summertime creations.




Happy Creating,
Louise

8 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

What soft and pretty colors for the sky. Love this technique!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Louise - What a beautiful card. It looks like one is looking through a window out to the sea. This would be lovely sitting on display.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

If I were to get this in the mail I would be in seventh heaven...what a beautiful creation. I think this one of my all time favorite techniques.

Pati said...

Very cool tile effect with a great scene!

wendyp said...

Gorgeous!! I love that lighthouse scene! I can't wait to try this tile technique!

Lea said...

Louise, your card is absolutely darling! I love it! I'm such a sucker for the beach and I'm especially fond of lighthouses! Great card! Love how your faux tile technique turned out!

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful summer card! Wish I was at a window with this view!!

~Heidi~ said...

I love this tile card. I reminds my of my friends bathroom decor. She has the tiles of the shower surround painted with the lighthouse and scenes! I love this even better on a card!