Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 3 Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

How can it be the third week of September already???? The weather has definitely turned into fall weather, cool sunny days, chilly, chilly nights. I love it! 

It certainly puts me in the mood for starting all my holiday cards. I love Halloween, so I try to do a card for that (I'll share that with you in early October!). Of course, I can't let Thanksgiving slip by without sending cards for that, though I only send about 30-35 of those. 

Then comes Christmas, THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! Especially this year because we will be welcoming our second grandchild Christmas week we hope. I send around 100 or so cards at Christmas time, so I like to get an early start making them and do a couple of different designs.

Here are three cards I designed for my recent class at Memories and Beyond in Downers Grove:
LL3046 Tall Poinsettia Metallic Silver Embossing Paste
with Blue Leafing 

LL3046 Tall Poinsettia and LX7026 Chevron Bkgd
Glossy White Embossing Paste with Crystal glitter sprinkled on the wet paste

LL3046 Tall Poinsettia Double glitter technique using
Art Glitter True Red, Vine, Fool's Gold, and Crystal
This new Poinsettia stencil (LL3046) is so beautiful and looks great in any technique! The new Chevron Bkgd (LX7026)  is such fun to use, notice how the bottom front of the card is trimmed to follow the pattern.

Don't forget to visit the rest of the team blogs for more great holiday inspiration!


Happy Creating,
Louise

InLinkz script -->

10 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love your cards Louise! They each have their own look. The chevron and poinsettia stencils are a perfect pair.

Lea said...

Louise, I love all three of your cards! You always do an amazing job which inspires me!

Lea said...

Louise, I love all three of your cards! You always do an amazing job which inspires me!

scrappybetty said...

Your cards are beautiful and fun.

Pam Hornschu said...

Love these for a class! Love the cut chevron edge on the red and white one, the elegance of the leafed one, and the sparkle of the third one!

Viki Banaszak said...

It looks like you got a wonderful head start on your holiday cards. So pretty.

Jan Castle said...

Stunning cards!
Jan

Unknown said...

Great designs. I really 'need' the poinsettia stencil?

Janis said...

Oh, my goodness.....what a gorgeous set!! That glittery goodness is amazing!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

JD/ Jill said...

These are all very pretty!