Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 4 Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Fall has definitely arrived! The days have been sunny and warm with just a cool breeze, and the nights are chilly and crisp. I love it! This, to me, is the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year!". But it also means that we need to get busy with all of our holiday card making.

This week I have used one of Dreamweaver's beautiful new embossing folders, FG675 Pine cones embossing folder, and the new LL3047 Happy Holiday stencil. I have a lot of family who live in northern Minnesota, so this card will be for one of them because it has that "Up North" feel. People who live there know what I'm talking about!  Here it is:



I started by embossing the pine cones on cream colored paper. Used a 1/2" stencil brush to add some color to the needles and pine cones. I didn't worry if some color went on the background, if you would prefer the image to be crisper, lay the matching stencil (LG675) over the embossed image before adding color. Then I tore around the image and added darker ink to the torn edge. The Happy Holiday was stenciled using the same brush, torn and edged with ink. The green checked paper in the background is from Authentique and is called Curiosity from the Wonder collection. Some burgundy burlap ribbon from May Arts added a little pop of color without being too bright and has the perfect texture to match the feel of the card.

Be sure to check out the holiday creations from our team members this week:
Louise Healy

Happy Creating,
Louise
An InLinkz Link-up

8 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

You nailed the country Christmas in this card Louise! I love how you divided the sentiment in half!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

LOVE the edging around the pinecone! Great card!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love your rustic pinecone card! So pretty.

Pam Hornschu said...

So cool to see your version of the pine cones after seeing Lyn's more modern version! I love it when you can see all the variety of looks and techniques you can achieve with DW products. Beautiful, homey card, Louise!

Janis said...

Not sure what the "up north" style is, but I do love the rustic cabin feel to your card!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

CraftyJo said...

This is lovely :)

Unknown said...

A really lovely card. I love the idea of a matching embossing folder and a stencil, especially for colouring the image as you described.

Kristi said...

Love this and the color! Awesome!