Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dreamweaver Samples



Well, I sent my first offical batch of sample cards to Lynell at Dreamweaver Stencils today. We got to play with two of the new stencils that will be released at CHA in July, but of course, we can't share those with you just yet. But we are able to share our other samples, so I thought I would start with the new Pussywillow Branch (LL3007). It caught my eye right away because the first job I had right out of college was at a Horticulture Learning Center. We helped inter-city youth learn about plants and animals. We had a whole field of Pussywillows that we harvested and sold each year. I can't tell you how many thousands of husks I have removed in the past (yes they all used to be husked by hand!). Anyway, this stencil brought back lots of good memories for me.
To create this card I used the Dreamweaver Black Matte Embossing Paste on kraft colored cardstock. Remove the stencil and let the paste dry. Place your clean stencil back over the dry black paste and add a layer of Dreamweaver Crackle Paste. Remove stencil and let that layer dry. When the crackle layer is dry, place the clean stencil back on and stencil the branches with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink (I used the Picasco (LL332) to keep the ink off the buds). Tear the right side of the kraft paper and ink with more Chocolate ink. Layer and embellish to finish the card. I left the buds with just the white crackle paste showing, but another idea would be to use glue and adhere white flock to the buds.
Happy Creating,
Louise

No comments: