Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday Dream Scheme

Better late than never as the saying goes!! The fourth threw my week off by a day. I was teaching a class today at The Cottage Stamper in St. Charles, IL when one of my students commented how the first thing she does every Thursday is get her cup of coffee and then logon to check out what is new on our Dreamweaver Stencils Thursday Dream Scheme.  She said she just loved my "fireworks"! Well, I was more than a little embarrassed to have to tell her that post was from Saturday and that I had forgotten to do my post for today!  Oh well, that's life.
This week was a free theme so I wanted to share one of the great designs we did at our workshop a couple of weeks ago.  Our focus was working with Mercart metal and Dreamweaver Stencils.  Here's one of the pieces we created at the workshop:

We ran a piece of black metal through a Big Shot using the Bare Trees (LJ849) stencil (be sure the black side is toward the stencil). Turn the metal over and sand the black off the raised tree areas.  Apply a variety of colors of alcohol ink to the exposed silver area of the metal for a beautiful effect. Mount on coordinating papers and embellish. So easy, so pretty!
Hope you've enjoyed today's creation and will give it a try with one of  your stencils. Now check out the DREAM it UP! blog (which happens to be featuring this same stencil) and the other designers as well.
Happy Creating,
Louise

5 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Dear Kindred Spirit....I loved the colors you used on this Louise. Loved how they are cool and wintery or nightfall-like. Hope you had fun in your classes today.

Wendy said...

Beautiful Louise!! I love this little technique too!!! Beautiful!!

sommrstamping said...

Louise this card is beautiful I loved the alcohol ink colors you used. And as I told Kristi, this card was definately worth the wait.

Terrece said...

Love your trees. Wish I could have made it to the workshop. I'm definitely going to try this technique. And you are right.....it is better late then never!

Laura Drahozal said...

Hey! I recognize this one! It looks great finished!